OT (PPL): Spam was [Re: old bird]

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2007
      John

      Not sure if I am reading this correctly but if your spam is coming
      directly from Yahoo or its selected affiliates, it is because you are
      allowing them to send it to you. Go to your Yahoo preferences and in
      the privacy section check no on all the offerings (which are "on" by
      default).

      I have my ISP set up with a spam filter and my e-mail provider
      (Thunderbird) tracks (based on my preferences) and eliminates spam as
      well. I get maybe half-a-dozen a day. My next door neighbors, by
      contrast, get something like 500 and spend about half-an-hour a day
      removing the stuff. Better to block it in the first place.

      Gerald
      PPL