cleaning off pre-cut paper

  • Karen Mortenson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hello All,

      Whenever I order pre-cut paper from Kelly paper, there are tons of tiny paper bits hanging along the sides. Does anyone have an easy way to remove them?

      Many thanks!

      Karen Mortenson

    • Lance Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
        Yeah,

        tell them to get their cutter knife sharpened... Paper lint on the edge of
        the cut sheet is the sure sign of an extremely dull knife....

        - Lance Williams
        Williams Stationery Co.
        Camden, New York

      • Silver MayKitten
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
          Dab the edges with plastic packing tape. The lint comes right
          off.

          MaiKätzchen
          --- Karen Mortenson <kcmortenson@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > Whenever I order pre-cut paper from Kelly paper, there are
          > tons of tiny paper bits hanging along the sides. Does anyone
          > have an easy way to remove them?
          >
          > Many thanks!
          >
          > Karen Mortenson

          Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

          From the book, Charge of the Goddess
          BY: Doreen Valiente
        • Lance Williams
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
            Sorry, meant to put a <grin> on that one, as it was my sarcastic humor
            coming out....

            To clean up the edges, the best thing is to wipe the edge with a clean rag
            or a good stiff brush....

            - Lance Williams
            Williams Stationery Co.
            Camden, New York
            APA #785

          • wa0dfw@copper.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
              I agree. Using a dull cutter knife is inexcusable - especially when
              done by a paper vendor. Possibly you need to change vendors!

              Mo

              >Yeah,
              >
              >tell them to get their cutter knife sharpened... Paper lint on the
              >edge of
              >the cut sheet is the sure sign of an extremely dull knife....
              >
              >- Lance Williams
              >Williams Stationery Co.
              >Camden, New York

            • Silver MayKitten
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2007
                In defense of the merchant, there are some paper stocks that
                make lint, no matter how well you have maintained a cutter.

                MaiKätzchen
                --- wa0dfw@... wrote:

                > I agree. Using a dull cutter knife is inexcusable -
                > especially when
                > done by a paper vendor. Possibly you need to change vendors!
                >
                > Mo
                >
                > >Yeah,
                > >
                > >tell them to get their cutter knife sharpened... Paper lint
                > on the
                > >edge of
                > >the cut sheet is the sure sign of an extremely dull
                > knife....
                > >
                > >- Lance Williams
                > >Williams Stationery Co.
                > >Camden, New York

                From the book, Charge of the Goddess
                BY: Doreen Valiente
              • Lance Williams
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 5, 2007
                  This is true, especially a 100% cotton sheet... I have found that I get a
                  certain amount of lint and roughness to the edge with sharpest of knife
                  when cutting Crane's Lettra 110# cover.... And, I have no one to blame for
                  the knife since I grind and sharpen myself <grin>.

                  - Lance Williams
                  Williams Stationery Co.
                  Camden, New York
                  APA #785

                • wa0dfw@copper.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 5, 2007
                    Oh yes, some lint. The original post would have indicated more than a
                    normal lint problem, at least as I interpreted it.

                    Even when cutting the stocks more prone to roughness, it can be
                    minimized by the judicial application of parafin to the blade prior
                    to each cut. Of course, this would not be practical on a production
                    basis, but for most of the listmembers it would not be overly
                    burdensome for the quantities involved.

                    Plus, methinks that the vendor should make some effort to remove or
                    minimize the lint before shipping, but is that just my obsolete
                    service oriented philosophy?

                    Mo
                    >This is true, especially a 100% cotton sheet... I have found that I
                    >get a
                    >certain amount of lint and roughness to the edge with sharpest of
                    >knife
                    >when cutting Crane's Lettra 110# cover.... And, I have no one to
                    >blame for
                    >the knife since I grind and sharpen myself <grin>.
                    >
                    >- Lance Williams
                    >Williams Stationery Co.
                    >Camden, New York
                    >APA #785

                  • richardtheroadie
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                      From an offset printing point of view Kelly sucks as well. You can tell them till your blue in
                      the face but their cutting sucks. It varies on size and you get dust alot. The printer
                      upstairs from us order a pallet at a time and always has problems. If you can make friends
                      with a local printing shop order parents and get the shop to cut them. We do that for a few
                      people that we know. Cost varies from a good story to 10 or 20 bucks. Beer works better.
                      Good luck!!

                      --- InLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Mortenson" <kcmortenson@...> wrote:

                      > Hello All,
                      >
                      > Whenever I order pre-cut paper from Kelly paper, there are tons of tiny paper bits
                      hanging along the sides. Does anyone have an easy way to remove them?

                      > Many thanks!
                      >
                      > Karen Mortenson

                    • Karen Mortenson
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 11, 2007
                        Many thanks for all of your suggestions regarding my pre-cut paper. I thought I was saving time having a "professional" do it for me.

                        Karen