Re: [PPLetterpress] Digest Number 1483

  • Sharon DeGraw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      Thanks, Gerry, for the advice on preserving MM
      instances
      with Fontographer for use on OS X. I have been
      holding on to my old mac for that reason.

      I've been digitizing Romanee Open Titling since it's
      so
      difficult to find it in lead. I enlarge each letter to
      the
      size of a full 8.5 x 11 sheet and trace the letter in
      Illustrator.
      I've been cutting back on the weight of the letter by
      2-4 pixels
      at the tracing stage. Then I shrink the letter down to
      about 36 points for use. It seems to work, and if I
      remember
      correctly outlines created in Illustrator can be used
      in
      Fontographer.

      Here's a sample. Although the file is not high res
      http://www.citylights.com/broadsides/salamunL.jpg

      Thanks, too, for the Berry article. I noticed Bram de
      Does
      has created a letterpress piece featuring his
      ornaments.
      It's published under his Spectatorpers press. The
      cover
      looks beautiful - haven't seen inside.

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi Shari

        Thanks for sharing the broadside. Very nice. I was wondering if you
        could send a hi-rez of this.

        Yes, you could pop these into FOG but you really don't have to. You
        don't need to create the font, you can just keep lining the glyphs in
        Illustrator the way you have done here. I've done that quite a bit and
        also with the Cristal piece I discuss at
        http://BielerPressii.blogspot.com

        Thanks

        Gerald