Plates from PDFs

  • kolstadio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2002
      Katie,

      I have had the good fortune of having Harold at Boxcar Press convert
      my PDF files into plates and they came out wonderful. Most recently
      I had him print a piece for me from a PDF that I created in
      PageMaker 7.0 with Adobe's Minion typeface and it was brilliant.
      When creating PDF files just make sure you review the settings so
      that you don't compress the fonts. (I don't know if that makes a
      difference, but compression just seems like a bad idea.) I think
      Harold offers some guidance on his website (www.boxcarpress.com) for
      submitting files. Hope this helps!

      Brian Kolstad