Re: [PPLetterpress] Outlines in Illustrator

  • Katie Harper
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2002
      Hmmm... I'm afraid I don't see the advantage of placing an Illustrator eps
      file into Quark. As far as I know, an Illustrator file placed in another
      program will still require the fonts. Quark will warn of missing fonts in an
      embedded EPS file when you go to print it, although admittedly, this
      function is far from perfect. However, your suggestion brought up another
      point. Perhaps using a PDF might work to get around the cumbersome packaging
      of fonts when sending files to service bureaus. However, I have not run
      tests to see if PDF will also change the look of the type. Has anyone else?

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Cincinnati, OH
      513-233-9588