Re: Narrow Garamond

  • parallel_imp
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 20, 2006
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Lange <Bieler@...> wrote:

      > Just a bit to add to your further investigation. I had some Granjon at
      > one point, printed a book in it but can't remember which one. But it
      > was Monotype. Probably cast on a Thompson? Maybe from Out of Sorts
      > Foundery? in Larchmont, NY. When they were active I bought a lot of
      > type from them.

      Gerald, Granjon came from Linotype originally, and isn't much narrower
      than the Linotype Garamond (and has about the same width as Lino
      Garamond 3). I don't think the Monotype versions will be very different.
      But if the face in question is digital, then Minion is a
      possibility, as there is a condensed version--or with Minion Multiple
      Master, many condensed versions.
      (MM seems to be as forgotten as, well the Apple Narrow Garamond used
      in Classic days)
      --Eric Holub, SF