Re: advertizing clip art

  • dredaker
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2006
      Hi Tom
      Yes that is exactly what I have I purchased them from a small news
      paper in Montana. I have successfully cast and printed one of them by
      holding the paper flat on a vacuum table and then grinding the
      thickness on a surface grinder. I was told in a conversation with NA
      Graphics that there was an easer method, the casting box, so yes, I
      would appreciate further investigation on possibilities in this area.
      Don
      > Hi Don,
      > Sounds like you are referring to stereotype mats. They were used
      for ad
      > copy, clip-art, syndicated articles -- mailed to newspapers and
      printers who
      > could cast them in soft lead in a casting box. Easier than mailing
      lead cross
      > country. The paper mats could be re-cast, but I'm uncertain how they
      might
      > perform in old age! I think Mo Molberg in Denver may have a casting
      box, dunno if
      > he has ever used it though. May be another one or two around
      Denver. I