Re: RE:plate travel

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2002
      Haven't done a large solid in years, but used to use photoengraved
      plates on a honeycomb base to do so (I still do if I'm working with a
      four color job). These always seemed to work out well registration-
      wise but getting adequate ink coverage was the problem unless I opted
      for copper—usually only did this when I needed to capture detail).
      Photopolymer is a much more receptive printing surface but if there
      is a tendency for the plate to travel, as the concensus here seems to
      indicate, probably safer to stick with the honeycomb base and deal
      with the inking problem?

      Gerald

      "Joel Benson" <joel.benson@p...> wrote:
      But that plate-creep can be a real bugaboo, esp. if you need very
      accurate register. Spray adhesive, tape on the edge of the plate,
      butted up pieces of blank plate material- all those remedies have
      failed me when the plate has decided it must creep.