Re: Inking Problems

  • weltyah
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006
      Karen:

      Regarding the roller height on the windmill, this is done by
      setting the height of the rails. These are adjusted from
      four corners at the sides of the bed. There are four levers.
      You can probably figure it out from there.

      Mike

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Mortenson"
      <kcmortenson@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      >
      > Today I was printing on my Windmill with van son rubber based
      ink. The color was brown composed of yellow, red, and black. The
      problem was that
      > all the lines were not printing smooth and straight. They looked
      as though they were composed of tiny dots all lined up. There was
      also a problem with
      > the ink looking like it was bleeding a bit. It was about 65
      degrees in the garage where I was printing.

      > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
      >
      > Also, does anyone have suggestions for tiny adjustments in roller
      height for the windmill? I use scotch tape on my C & P rails but am
      not too sure what
      > is best with the Windmill.
      >
      > I am using a boxcar deep relief base with regular plates processed
      by boxcar and am having a hard time with getting the ink to lay just
      at the very top of the plate to avoid the "halo" when printing.