Re: recycled paper

  • Dave Wofford
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 8, 2006
      Greenfield makes an interesting recycled machine made sheet called Hemp
      Heritage which I¹ve enjoyed printing on for a few years.
      25% hemp, 75% pcw, processed chlorine free.
      Available in 60 text, 70 cover, 110 cover (envelopes as well).
      Laid finish is a little more subtle than most commercial ³laid² papers.
      Neutral white with quiet warm flecks.
      The 70 cover has smooth wove finish on one side, the 110 cover is laid both
      sides.
      Their website is more geared to home consumer type orders but if you ask,
      you can get a price sheet for buying 23 x 35 cartons and largeish envelope
      quantities.
      http://www.greenfieldpaper.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fpage=1&categoryI
      D=4&productID=25&cartID=199121275
      They are in California but paper is also made and stored in Massachussets.

      Does anyone remember a kenaf/pcw blend that Crane was making (mid 90s)?
      Anyone hear if they will ever revive it?
      I¹ve called them every couple years asking them to bring it back, they keep
      saying they are ³considering² it, but don¹t get past that.
      Maybe if others called them letting them know there is interest in a machine
      made kenaf/pcw blend sheet?

      If any has knowledge of any other companies making machine made
      kenaf/recycled blend sheets I¹d be interested.
      I¹m always looking for commercial papers with above 30%pcw that are higher
      grade than French, Neenah, etc ;
      but less expensive than Somerset and mouldmades. Especially ones that have a
      nice finish/tooth and exploring strong annual plant fibers such as kenaf,
      hemp.

      Dave

      Dave Wofford
      H O R S E  &  B U G G Y  P R E S S
      Design, Letterpress Printing & More--for the Jet Age & Beyond
      401-B1 Foster St
      Durham, North Carolina 27701
      horseandbuggypress@...
      no fax, just rumors