Letterpress exhibition opportunity.

  • Danny Amos Flynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hi,

      I have uploaded 'two letterpress print briefs' in the files section that I hope will be of
      interest to members enough to do something towards.

      My own prints are produced by laser cut sheets of different materials, among them hard
      cast acrylics and soft leather. It would be really interesting to see other methods, like hand
      cuts and polymer plates etc.

      Venues like Saint Brides Print Library, (UK), The V&A Museum, (UK), The Hamilton Wood
      Type Museum, (USA), would like to see work. I also plan to arrange a London gallery
      exhibition in August 2007 with a private view where editions of the prints can be sold
      commission free.

      Prints plan to be hung unframed, on wires with bulldog clips.

      The deadline for submission of printed work is 1st March 2007.

      Those of you who are arranging with me to laser cut your artworks will have to be ready by
      the end of January 2007. `Fist' pictures should be single colour, or separated if two
      colours and saved as jpegs or tiffs. I would be converting these to bitmaps. `Sound
      Proofing' typographic work is easiest saved as an Illustrator file. I can also scan A3
      separated artworks, (single black colours are preferable).

      All the best,

      Danny Flynn (UK)