Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Rollers...?

  • speedgray@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
      Don:

      There is a keyway on the double saddle, but not on the single. If the double
      saddle were to get twisted (if there was not a keyway) when running the
      press with no rollers, doing diecutting for example, it could become severely
      damaged by hitting roller ways, or other nearby parts of the press.

      Speed Gray, APA 736
      Ada, MI

    • london bellman
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
        Thanks to everyone for the roller help. It does have
        four rollers on the C and P Craftsman as a few of you
        stated. Good to know not run it with three. Thanks to
        all .Regards,London

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      • wa0dfw@copper.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2006
          >Is there any place that remanufactures tandem saddles that has the
          >oscillator roller?

          I don't know about remanufacturing the tandem roller saddles, but
          I've posted a photo of my "pyramid" roller, which is not quite an
          oscillator but really helps the inking on my 8 x 12.

          You can see it at:

          http://www.twopiglets.com/kluge/parts/

          Click on the link for "pyramid or rider roller"

          You can easily make a rider from any suitable excess roller this way.

          Mo
        • wa0dfw@copper.net
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 2, 2006
            You are exactly right, Speed. Don't ask me how I know this!

            :-(

            Mo