Re: [PPLetterpress] Rollers...?

  • Gary Mordhorst
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
      The C+P Old Series and New Series, 12 X 18 and smaller all have three rollers. All C+P Craftsman and C+P 14 1/2 X 22 have four form rollers. A press that is designed to use four rollers will not work properly with three, as the roller hooks are a pair of two on each roller arm.

      Best regards,

      Gary Mordhorst
      AccuColor Plus, Inc.
      2134 W. Division
      Chicago, IL 60622

      www.accucolor.com

      (773) 227-7788

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hello my name is Don and I am new to the discussion group and I am
        more of a machinist than a printer as I am just getting back into
        letterpress printing after thirty years . Therefore I plan to do more
        watching and learning than commenting.
        However on the subject of roller carriers, having rebuilt presses,
        there is a key way on the double hook carriers to prevent the head
        from turning and being caught between the bed and platen and not on
        the single head carriers, this would need to be addressed if a double
        head is put in instead of a single head

        Don Hildred
        The ReNonsense Man
        LaPorte Colorado
      • speedgray@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
          Don:

          There is a keyway on the double saddle, but not on the single. If the double
          saddle were to get twisted (if there was not a keyway) when running the
          press with no rollers, doing diecutting for example, it could become severely
          damaged by hitting roller ways, or other nearby parts of the press.

          Speed Gray, APA 736
          Ada, MI

        • london bellman
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
            Thanks to everyone for the roller help. It does have
            four rollers on the C and P Craftsman as a few of you
            stated. Good to know not run it with three. Thanks to
            all .Regards,London

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • wa0dfw@copper.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 2, 2006
              >Is there any place that remanufactures tandem saddles that has the
              >oscillator roller?

              I don't know about remanufacturing the tandem roller saddles, but
              I've posted a photo of my "pyramid" roller, which is not quite an
              oscillator but really helps the inking on my 8 x 12.

              You can see it at:

              http://www.twopiglets.com/kluge/parts/

              Click on the link for "pyramid or rider roller"

              You can easily make a rider from any suitable excess roller this way.

              Mo
            • wa0dfw@copper.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 2, 2006
                You are exactly right, Speed. Don't ask me how I know this!

                :-(

                Mo