Re: loose ink

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 8 11:31 PM
      Alex

      If you ever come across any of the Sinclair-Valentine "Stone" inks,
      buy em. The colors are great, especially the reds; never found a
      black. As I recall, crapola Flint Ink bought them out and with typical
      corporate efficiency wiped them off the face of the earth, formulas
      and all.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, alex brooks <alex@...> wrote:

      > >> It'd help to be more precise in describing inks, since "litho ink"
      > >> describes most ink that is made. All the Van Son inks (oil, rubber,
      > >> acrylic) are litho inks, intended for use on rotary offset
      > >> lithographic presses, but also suitable for letterpress work.
      > >> By "litho ink" do you mean ink intended for lithographic
      > >> printmaking, formulated for hand-rolling of litho stone or metal
      > >> plate? The Dan Smith litho inks would fall into that category.
      > sorry- yes I meant printmaking ink for plate and stone lithography,
      > not offset ink. In printmaking catalogs like Graphic Chemical they
      > are know as litho inks as opposed to relief printing or etching inks.
      > They are very stiff unlike Van Son which, depending upon the color,
      > can be almost soupy.
      > -alex

    • Chad Pastotnik
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 13 3:45 PM
        All (or almost all) our holiday printing is done this year, here is
        some of the stuff:

        The 2007 calendars are done and make great gifts. Printed in four
        colors on Frankfurt paper and includes moon phases, 5 3/4 x 5 1/4
        inches.
        http://deepwoodpress.com/calendar.html

        Christmas cards: 19 different designs and a coaster for Santa.
        http://deepwoodpress.com/holcards.html

        New Art Nouveau dragonfly journals/blank books
        http://deepwoodpress.com/journals.html

        Chad

        Chad Pastotnik
        Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506