Re: [PPLetterpress] What to do in London

  • Jessica Spring
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
      I'd highly recommend taking a train trip to Oldham to see Incline Press, if
      they have time for a visitor. Their work is amazing.
      http://www.inclinepress.com/index.html

      Collinge and Clark sells fine press books in London. Spend some time and
      they'll take out the good stuff.
      --Jessica

      Jessica Spring
      SPRINGTIDE PRESS
      http://www.springtidepress.com
      253.627.8629

      > From: "inferno_press" <inferno_press@...>
      > Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 22:59:23 -0000
      > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [PPLetterpress] What to do in London
      >
      > I will be visiting London from December 6 through 19 and would like to
      > indulge my interest in fine printing while I'm there. In addition to
      > St Bride's, Purcell's, and the Monotype Museum, what other high points
      > can you recommend? I would like to visit some fine press and
      > antiquarian book dealers as well. What do you suggest? Which are the
      > must-visit rare, fine press, and antiquarian dealers? Does anyone know
      > of any bibliographic exhibits happening at this time?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • David Goodrich
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
        There is a small printing museum at the Oxford University Press in Oxford.
        It contains such things as the matrices for the Fell types and several
        presses. It is quite unknown and is located off the OUP library.
        David

      • Michael Barnes
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
          Too bad it is small and unknown. In the 1950s, when Harry Duncan
          worked there, something grander was envisaged. Some info on his
          activities there is contained in the new biography and bibliography
          on Harry:

          Harry Carter: Typographer

          published by the Old School Press.