[PPLetterpress] Plate production

  • Boris Rousseeuw
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Good morning list,

      since I started hobby printing 17 years ago, I relied on a nearby commercial printer to make my yellow photopolymer plates. Now he tells my that by the end of this year, he retires. He wants to sell me his (rather worn) plate machine for a modest sum, and teach me how make the plates. But since this machine demands room I really don't have left, and the making of the plates seems time consuming (another thing I don't have much left), I would like to know whether there is a faster and cleaner way to make relief plates. I recently bought some letterpress initials on Ebay which were clearly cut out by laser or some other hightech system, but not carved deep enough. Any suggestions?

      Boris Rousseeuw
      Belgium