Re: [PPLetterpress] questions/advice

  • john cornelisse
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 12, 2006
      At 01:56 11/10/2006, you wrote:

      >Hello. I had a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer. I have a
      >Vandercook SP-15 that I recently purchased and am getting ready to use for
      >the first time.
      >
      >What should I use to clean off rust? It's only near the grippers and on the
      >top where you would place your paper. Not on the rollers.
      >Should I be oiling it? and if so how often and where exactly? And what type
      >of oil?

      >What types of clean up can be used if I am using oil based ink?
      >(Type wash, mineral spirits?)

      Rubber based ink work, but...

      oil based ink of Van Son, is very good and fast drying, though not on
      the press.
      you can get these inks in all kinds of colors,

      Vegetable cleaning Agents are the safe alternative for cleaning, and
      when you just clean
      your press after the job, no problem will erase compared with a
      completely dried roll...

      VCA might be a little more expensive, but the difference is
      minimal... and it will prevent your brain
      to get a OPS or organic psycho syndrome...

      memory loss at young age, and being incapable to learn anymore.

      This will be the danger using mineral spirits.

      Best wishes

      John Cornelisse