Re: [PPLetterpress] Two questions...

  • Julie Larson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2006
      I have never used rubber based ink, so no help there.

      For making A2 cards I like 80# cover cut 2 out of 8-1/2 X 11 using Sundance felt, Fox River Sparkles, Classic Crest, Classic Linen, Classic Laid, Royal Fiber, and Wausau Bright White. Generally this is $0.05 per 8-1/2 X 11 sheet or less.I buy stock wholesale from my local Xpedx as a printer (they also sell retail to the public). Most of these have matching envelopes, but white works for most also.

      There are 4 bar cards with and without panel embossing and matching envelopes available for commercial printing also. Typically you get white or ivory as color choices.

      Check your local business directory to see if there is a paper distributor near you as this will get you better stock choices. Some of these are available at office supply stores, but they will be more expensive and the choices are limited.

      amyarmato <amy@...> wrote:
      Admittedly these are "newbie" questions, hope you all don't mind:
      1. What does one use to thicken really soupy rubber based ink?
      2. What are some ideal less expensive papers for A2 and 4 bar size
      cards? Best weight?

      Thanks.

      Amy Armato
      Armato Design & Press
      amy@...
      armatodesign.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2006
        Amy

        Magnesium carbonate is used to increase the viscosity of ink. Doesn't
        matter rubber-based or oil-based or soy-based ink or whatever-based ink.