Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Will photopolymer outlast hand-set type?

  • Ed Inman
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
      Photopolymer plates are also widely used in the manufacture of rubber stamps. There is little reason to believe they will be discontinued at this time.

      Ed

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
        Is it true that photopolymer is also used in the printing of
        braille? We have a friend who us who has seen our plates and said
        they used the same stuff in a braille printshop he worked at for a
        time- they referred to it as PHP. Of course we're all accustomed to
        the plates creating a debossed surface, I'm curious if they slam the
        braille text so hard on one side that it pops on the other.

      • wa0dfw@copper.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2006
          There are many types of photopolymers. Rubber stamps are made of much
          softer PP than letterpress plates, so I assume there are quite a
          number of different types.

          I have a friend who makes rubber stamps using a liquid photopolymer
          on a machine called a Merigraph. It was poured between two glass
          plates in contact with a negative, then exposed top and bottom,
          washed out and reexpoed. She also had a harder setting liquid that
          made a couple of photopolymer plates for me in the past, though they
          were somewhat less precise than the ready-to-expose materials common
          today.

          Mo