FPBA Ephemera Contribution and Bundle exchange.

  • Michael McGarvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      The Fine Press Book Association is extending our call for printed
      ephemera for the North American issue of Parenthesis 13. The new
      submission date is November 30 2006. We hope this extension will
      motivate many of you to donate printed ephemera for the upcoming
      Parenthesis. The Deluxe editions are an important source of funding for
      the Fine Press Book Association. The special copies are hard bound, and
      slipcased with a portfolio which includes pieces of ephemera from
      various presses. We are asking this as a donation of time and
      materials, but with the object of having your work shown to an audience
      who might otherwise not encounter it. You will be doing yourself a
      service, as well as the FPBA. You will also receive a bundle of all the
      wonderful ephemera submissions of your fellow fine printers.

      If you are not a member of the FPBA already, that need not preclude
      your taking part, but we ask that you seriously consider joining. The
      association is the only organization which is furthering the work of
      fine press printing and the book arts in North American and the UK, and
      Parenthesis, which appears twice a year, is the only forum in which
      books from presses such as yours are reviewed and advertised. Whether
      or not you are already a member, please think about helping us out with
      some of your work, but do please consider joining us, which you can do
      by contacting our North American Membership Secretary, Morva Gowans, at
      <FPBA_morva@...>.

       IMPORTANT NOTES:

      1.If you agree to contribute something, please contact me by e-mail as
      soon as possible to confirm. I will send all details and answer any
      questions you might have. My email address is
      <mcgarvem@...> or <portpress@...>.

      2. Your contribution should be sent NO LATER THAN November 30 2006.
      Please send your work to:
      Michael McGarvey
      207 Mill Bridge Court
      Port Republic, NJ 08241
      We know that time is always short, but we don't want War and Peace, we
      want a small piece of bravura printing!

      3.The overall size of the finished piece must be 8 1/2 by 11 inches or
      less, although of course it may be a larger sheet folded down to that
      size.

      We thank you very much for your consideration, and we hope you will be
      joining us in this project.
      With all best wishes,
      Michael McGarvey, FPBA Deluxe Ephemera Coordinator