Re: [PPLetterpress] [OT-Moderator comment] Re: Heidelberg Windmill platen press for sale . . .

  • Steve Robison
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2006
      Gerald,

      Sorry, no harm intended. Must have missed the
      announcement. Won't happen again.

      With the larger and more global ppletterpress list, I
      can see where you might run into some complaints and
      potential problems. But so far, the smaller
      sfletterpress list has been quiet on the subject...and
      comments have been appreciative when craigslist finds
      have been revealed.

      I am probably the most frequent poster of craigslist
      finds on the sfletterpress list. This is because my
      wife has taught me the trick of having automatic
      craigslist search results posted when I log on to my
      computer. The two automatic searches I have running
      are "letterpress" and "printing press" in the San
      Francisco Bay Area.

      I have been making referrals of this kind to the
      sfletterpress list with a simple FYI and the link,
      letting interested parties take it from there. No
      endorsements, no fan-fare, just a non-judgemental
      referral.

      I also made one recently (yesterday?) to the
      ppletterpress list about a polymer plate maker.

      But to respect your policy, you'll have no more
      postings like this to ppletterpress from me.

      I'll limit my craigslist referrals only to the
      sfletterpress list, and monitor the response.

      Best wishes,

      --Steve

      Steve Robison

      P.S. - Glad the PPLetterpress list has become so
      successful! -SR

      --- Gerald Lange <bieler@...> wrote:

      > Hi Steve
      >
      > I initiated a policy just a short while back that
      > folks refrain from
      > posting ebay/craigslist referrals or any other
      > notices of equipment
      > for sale that is not their own. The reason for this
      > is that if an item
      > is sold the seller could consider further inquiries
      > as harrassment or
      > abuse and we could get in trouble for it. I made a
      > similar
      > announcement just a few weeks ago and mistakenly
      > gave out the wrong
      > telephone number and the injured party apparently
      > complained. Yahoo
      > quickly bounced me off the list for abuse.
      >
      > Gerald
      >
      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Steve Robison
      > <robisonsteve@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > To All...
      > >
      > > Just passing on another Craigslist item...
      > >
      > > Heidelberg Windmill platen press for sale - $5000
      > > (mission district)
      > >
      > > Link below:
      > >
      > > http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/212178096.html
      > >
      > > Steve Robison