Re: [PPLetterpress] FWD: The Type Table

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
      At 9:27 PM +0000 8 09 06, Gerald Lange wrote:
      >Below is an item sent to me by the type designer Hrant Papazian, one
      >of our members and and ex-student of mine.

      Hrant -- (if you're out there)

      This is really gorgeous.
      I'd order one, but don't have room in my wee miner's cabin here in Galena!
      I guess Berlow will have that one-up on me as well!
      (there are others, no doubt, too numerous to enumerate... er, too many to count :-)

      Good work indeed!

      >http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
      >ps: I don't recall this being my idea (!) but if so it was because
      >Hrant only has one typecase and didn't know how to store it.

      A minimalist typographer, eh?

      :-)

      PF

      >Hey - so here it is:
      >http://typophile.com/node/28118
      >And more photos here:
      >http://www.flickr.com/photos/48413419@N00/sets/72157594275303912/
      >
      >. . .
      >
      >2) Please pass it along to the PPL list if you can.
      >
      >Thanks Much,
      >Hrant

      Semiotx Inc. http://typeandmeaning.com

      Galena, Illinois http://www.alphabets.com
      Philosophy Fonts Lettering

      --
    • wa0dfw@copper.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
        Sometimes we get so carried away insisting on correct terminology
        that we let the subtle difference between "cases" and "drawers" or
        "Galleys" and "trays" obfuscate matter at hand.

        I even catch myself using the wrong terms at times.

        Mo

        Interesting to me is that in all the web discussion of the