Re: FWD: The Type Table

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
      Mo

      There was a case that sold on eBay today that had these corner braces
      (not locks) and the fellow termed them "brass caps, sometimes known as
      keepers." I always liked them but don't know that they would allow for
      maximum filling of the case. I'd be afraid of them scratching the type
      metal. Interesting to me is that in all the web discussion of the Type
      Table that no one has yet complained about Hrant's calling the case a
      drawer, which, of course, etymologically, it is.

      ps: Hrant wrote and said the case had Stephenson Blake markings.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
        At 9:27 PM +0000 8 09 06, Gerald Lange wrote:
        >Below is an item sent to me by the type designer Hrant Papazian, one
        >of our members and and ex-student of mine.

        Hrant -- (if you're out there)

        This is really gorgeous.
        I'd order one, but don't have room in my wee miner's cabin here in Galena!
        I guess Berlow will have that one-up on me as well!
        (there are others, no doubt, too numerous to enumerate... er, too many to count :-)

        Good work indeed!

        >http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
        >ps: I don't recall this being my idea (!) but if so it was because
        >Hrant only has one typecase and didn't know how to store it.

        A minimalist typographer, eh?

        :-)

        PF

        >Hey - so here it is:
        >http://typophile.com/node/28118
        >And more photos here:
        >http://www.flickr.com/photos/48413419@N00/sets/72157594275303912/
        >
        >. . .
        >
        >2) Please pass it along to the PPL list if you can.
        >
        >Thanks Much,
        >Hrant

        Semiotx Inc. http://typeandmeaning.com

        Galena, Illinois http://www.alphabets.com
        Philosophy Fonts Lettering

        --
      • wa0dfw@copper.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11, 2006
          Sometimes we get so carried away insisting on correct terminology
          that we let the subtle difference between "cases" and "drawers" or
          "Galleys" and "trays" obfuscate matter at hand.

          I even catch myself using the wrong terms at times.

          Mo