PMS

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      This goes back to some various discussions we have had in the past
      about mixing PMS colors or buying them pre-mixed, etc.

      I get calls regarding letterpress printing of wedding invitations on
      an almost daily basis. I don't do invitational card printing. Today I
      got a call that seemed of more interest (no envelopes) until I asked a
      question about the multiple color printing proposed. The woman said
      she had the PMS colors. I immediately said, can you hang on a minute
      while I dig up some phone numbers of printers for you? Thinking about
      it later I was surprised at the reflex action. I guess it has become
      second nature.

      Ah, to be young and hungry and crazed again. Nah.

    • Blue Barnhouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
        Argh, to be young and hungry and crazed and NOT get calls regarding
        letterpress printing of wedding invitations on an almost daily
        basis. Always greener, I suppose. I'll be sure not give you the pms
        specs on that color, but over here its 383.

        I wouldn't do invitational card printing either, but the hungry part
        of me kind of takes precedence. The young and crazed part of me gets
        me through it.

        :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2006
          Hi

          I do not do invitational printing out of any sort of principle (except
          for maybe trying to keep my stress levels down). I'm just not set up
          for it (I don't have a Heidleberg) and I sure could not compete with
          all you young whipper "snappers." Plus, that kind of work is not why I
          got involved with printing in the first place; my concerns were, and
          still are, with publishing and the typographic and book arts. Which is
          quite different.

          Don't know how any of you survive with all the competition, but that
          recent Time magazine article should help a bit. One might hope.

          Good luck.

          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Blue Barnhouse