Re: 13 X 18 Windmill Steel Rider Rollers

  • richardtheroadie
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      >Have you tried boxcarpress.com. They have alot of manuals online. I checked but didn't
      know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.

      Richard

      > I am looking into purchasing a 13 x 18 windmill and am having a hard
      > time locating a parts manual on this machine. If anyone has one and
      > can give me a call I would really appreciate it. I don't want your
      > manual, I just need a part number.
      >
      > I am looking to see if I can buy the attachent for the Steel Rider
      > rollers as an aftermarket item and put it on the machine that i want
      > to buy. I am having a very hard time getting information about this
      > part and whether it exists or not. From what I understand, some
      > machines came with the steel riders and some didnt, it was an upgrade
      > to the GT Platens.
      >
      > These Steel Riders basically eliminate "ghosting" when doing high
      > coverage printing. The parts in question look like small arms that fit
      > inbetween the 1 and 2 roller and the 2 and 3 roller. The Diagram can
      > be seen in the Operation Manual for the 10 x 15 and 13 x 18 on page 113.
      >
      > Help!
      >
      > Thanks
      > Brad
      > 858 453 4500 x 15

    • Vladimir Semionovas
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        Hi brad.

        I think I have the manual you are looking for, I can scan it and email it to
        you on Monday (it is at work)

        Let me know if you still need it by then

        Vladimir

        >Have you tried boxcarpress.com. They have alot of manuals online. I checked
        but didn't
        know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.

        Richard

        > I am looking into purchasing a 13 x 18 windmill and am having a hard
        > time locating a parts manual on this machine. If anyone has one and
        > can give me a call I would really appreciate it. I don't want your
        > manual, I just need a part number.
        >
        > I am looking to see if I can buy the attachent for the Steel Rider
        > rollers as an aftermarket item and put it on the machine that i want
        > to buy. I am having a very hard time getting information about this
        > part and whether it exists or not. From what I understand, some
        > machines came with the steel riders and some didnt, it was an upgrade
        > to the GT Platens.
        >
        > These Steel Riders basically eliminate "ghosting" when doing high
        > coverage printing. The parts in question look like small arms that fit
        > inbetween the 1 and 2 roller and the 2 and 3 roller. The Diagram can
        > be seen in the Operation Manual for the 10 x 15 and 13 x 18 on page 113.
        >
        > Help!
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brad
        > 858 453 4500 x 15

      • Harold Kyle
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          I don¹t think we have that manual posted online. We have a parts list for
          the 10x15 scanned and ready but the 13x18 (which we do have in print) is
          still waiting in the wings. We haven¹t posted any manuals recently because
          we¹re waiting until our site redesign is ready (hopefully by the end of the
          year). Once the 13x18 is scanned I can send one off-list if you¹re still
          looking.

          Harold

          On 9/1/06 3:12 AM, "richardtheroadie" <richardtheroadie@...> wrote:

          >> >Have you tried boxcarpress.com. They have alot of manuals online. I checked
          >> but didn't
          > know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.

          Boxcar Press

        • elumdesigns
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            I called you the other day to see if you did have the parts manual for
            this machine. I actually found what I was looking for. In fact, I
            found two sets of rider rollers for the 13 x 18. I bought both sets
            (just to be safe...) If you dig hard enough, you will eventually find
            what you are looking for for these old machines.
            Brad

            --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Harold Kyle <harold@...> wrote:

            > I don¹t think we have that manual posted online. We have a parts
            list for
            > the 10x15 scanned and ready but the 13x18 (which we do have in print) is
            > still waiting in the wings. We haven¹t posted any manuals recently
            because
            > we¹re waiting until our site redesign is ready (hopefully by the end
            of the
            > year). Once the 13x18 is scanned I can send one off-list if you¹re still
            > looking.
            >
            > Harold

            > >> but didn't
            > > know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.
            >

            > Boxcar Press
            > Fine Printing / Digital Letterpress Supplies
            > Delavan Center / 501 W. Fayette St. / Studio 222 / Syracuse, NY 13204
            > 315-473-0930 phone / 315-473-0967 fax / www.boxcarpress.com

          • elumdesigns
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
              Thanks for the offer Vladimir. I found what I was looking for. Took
              a while but I eventually got it.

              --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Semionovas"
              <semionova@...> wrote:

              > Hi brad.
              >
              > I think I have the manual you are looking for, I can scan it and
              email it to
              > you on Monday (it is at work)
              >
              > Let me know if you still need it by then
              >
              > Vladimir

            • Vladimir Semionovas
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
                Ok.

                But if you need anything in the future, just ask.

                Vladimir

                Thanks for the offer Vladimir. I found what I was looking for. Took
                a while but I eventually got it.

                --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:PPLetterpress%40yahoogroups.com> , "Vladimir Semionovas"