13 X 18 Windmill Steel Rider Rollers

  • elumdesigns
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2006
      I am looking into purchasing a 13 x 18 windmill and am having a hard
      time locating a parts manual on this machine. If anyone has one and
      can give me a call I would really appreciate it. I don't want your
      manual, I just need a part number.

      I am looking to see if I can buy the attachent for the Steel Rider
      rollers as an aftermarket item and put it on the machine that i want
      to buy. I am having a very hard time getting information about this
      part and whether it exists or not. From what I understand, some
      machines came with the steel riders and some didnt, it was an upgrade
      to the GT Platens.

      These Steel Riders basically eliminate "ghosting" when doing high
      coverage printing. The parts in question look like small arms that fit
      inbetween the 1 and 2 roller and the 2 and 3 roller. The Diagram can
      be seen in the Operation Manual for the 10 x 15 and 13 x 18 on page 113.

      Help!

      Thanks
      Brad
      858 453 4500 x 15
    • richardtheroadie
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        >Have you tried boxcarpress.com. They have alot of manuals online. I checked but didn't
        know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.

        Richard

        > I am looking into purchasing a 13 x 18 windmill and am having a hard
        > time locating a parts manual on this machine. If anyone has one and
        > can give me a call I would really appreciate it. I don't want your
        > manual, I just need a part number.
        >
        > I am looking to see if I can buy the attachent for the Steel Rider
        > rollers as an aftermarket item and put it on the machine that i want
        > to buy. I am having a very hard time getting information about this
        > part and whether it exists or not. From what I understand, some
        > machines came with the steel riders and some didnt, it was an upgrade
        > to the GT Platens.
        >
        > These Steel Riders basically eliminate "ghosting" when doing high
        > coverage printing. The parts in question look like small arms that fit
        > inbetween the 1 and 2 roller and the 2 and 3 roller. The Diagram can
        > be seen in the Operation Manual for the 10 x 15 and 13 x 18 on page 113.
        >
        > Help!
        >
        > Thanks
        > Brad
        > 858 453 4500 x 15

      • Vladimir Semionovas
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
          Hi brad.

          I think I have the manual you are looking for, I can scan it and email it to
          you on Monday (it is at work)

          Let me know if you still need it by then

          Vladimir

          >Have you tried boxcarpress.com. They have alot of manuals online. I checked
          but didn't
          know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.

          Richard

          > I am looking into purchasing a 13 x 18 windmill and am having a hard
          > time locating a parts manual on this machine. If anyone has one and
          > can give me a call I would really appreciate it. I don't want your
          > manual, I just need a part number.
          >
          > I am looking to see if I can buy the attachent for the Steel Rider
          > rollers as an aftermarket item and put it on the machine that i want
          > to buy. I am having a very hard time getting information about this
          > part and whether it exists or not. From what I understand, some
          > machines came with the steel riders and some didnt, it was an upgrade
          > to the GT Platens.
          >
          > These Steel Riders basically eliminate "ghosting" when doing high
          > coverage printing. The parts in question look like small arms that fit
          > inbetween the 1 and 2 roller and the 2 and 3 roller. The Diagram can
          > be seen in the Operation Manual for the 10 x 15 and 13 x 18 on page 113.
          >
          > Help!
          >
          > Thanks
          > Brad
          > 858 453 4500 x 15

        • Harold Kyle
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
            I don¹t think we have that manual posted online. We have a parts list for
            the 10x15 scanned and ready but the 13x18 (which we do have in print) is
            still waiting in the wings. We haven¹t posted any manuals recently because
            we¹re waiting until our site redesign is ready (hopefully by the end of the
            year). Once the 13x18 is scanned I can send one off-list if you¹re still
            looking.

            Harold

            On 9/1/06 3:12 AM, "richardtheroadie" <richardtheroadie@...> wrote:

            >> >Have you tried boxcarpress.com. They have alot of manuals online. I checked
            >> but didn't
            > know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.

            Boxcar Press

          • elumdesigns
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
              I called you the other day to see if you did have the parts manual for
              this machine. I actually found what I was looking for. In fact, I
              found two sets of rider rollers for the 13 x 18. I bought both sets
              (just to be safe...) If you dig hard enough, you will eventually find
              what you are looking for for these old machines.
              Brad

              --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Harold Kyle <harold@...> wrote:

              > I don¹t think we have that manual posted online. We have a parts
              list for
              > the 10x15 scanned and ready but the 13x18 (which we do have in print) is
              > still waiting in the wings. We haven¹t posted any manuals recently
              because
              > we¹re waiting until our site redesign is ready (hopefully by the end
              of the
              > year). Once the 13x18 is scanned I can send one off-list if you¹re still
              > looking.
              >
              > Harold

              > >> but didn't
              > > know which one you had. Good luck, I got mine on ebay.
              >

              > Boxcar Press
              > Fine Printing / Digital Letterpress Supplies
              > Delavan Center / 501 W. Fayette St. / Studio 222 / Syracuse, NY 13204
              > 315-473-0930 phone / 315-473-0967 fax / www.boxcarpress.com

            • elumdesigns
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
                Thanks for the offer Vladimir. I found what I was looking for. Took
                a while but I eventually got it.

                --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Semionovas"
                <semionova@...> wrote:

                > Hi brad.
                >
                > I think I have the manual you are looking for, I can scan it and
                email it to
                > you on Monday (it is at work)
                >
                > Let me know if you still need it by then
                >
                > Vladimir

              • Vladimir Semionovas
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
                  Ok.

                  But if you need anything in the future, just ask.

                  Vladimir

                  Thanks for the offer Vladimir. I found what I was looking for. Took
                  a while but I eventually got it.

                  --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:PPLetterpress%40yahoogroups.com> , "Vladimir Semionovas"