Re: Talking about Letterpress...

    Message 1 of 43 , Aug 12, 2006
      FYI: We have a links folder here titled Stationery Printing
      (letterpress) that doesn't have much in it (hard to find anything that
      isn't self-promotional) but there is this very intensive informational
      blog

      http://www.i-invitation.com/letterpress-wedding-invitation/

      There is a link within to David Carson's own rather subdued
      letterpress printed wedding invitation. :–)

    • Fritz Klinke
      Message 43 of 43 , Aug 17, 2006
        Vandercook did indeed have a set up where they set the cylinders, and I have the charts, but no tooling, and I have no idea what it even looked like. I am still puzzled by your problem as the adjustable bed is 2 wedges, the bottom one is moved by the crank handle and the top wedge is restricted on lateral movement so it can only raise or lower. If all the sides are free form binding, then the top bed should be resting on the bottom bed on 3 points--2 side bearers that run the length of the bed and one down the middle. It may be necessary to pull the top bed using an engine hoist and see what's happening--lubrication of the bearing points if nothing else. We've pulled the bed from a Universal I, and that's just the newer version of your press.

        Fritz