Re: Photopolymer-optimization thread

  • justforjan28
    Message 1 of 46 , Jun 6, 2002
      --- In PPLetterpress@y..., Harold Kyle <harold@b...> wrote:
      > Would ink gain vary depend on the type of press?

      Very good question. Clearly the answer is: testing.

      I have no printing hardware at all myself, so anybody who
      wants to collaborate, here's what I would suggest: print
      something (in any way that you like, hopefully nothing
      *too* exotic) and snailmail it to me*. I will scan it,
      composite it over the actual outline letterforms, and
      publish it here. If I don't have the font used, I would
      need to ask for an EPS of the text-as-outlines, emailed.

      * http://www.themicrofoundry.com/s_contact.html

      Font choice: Something ubiquitous would make things
      easier on my end. On the other hand, variety would
      reveal more about the nature of gain. We might want
      to discuss this a bit.

      hhp
    • Hrant H Papazian
      Message 46 of 46 , Jun 21, 2002
        From: Gerald Lange
        > Hrant's dogged pursuit is raging over at the type-design list

        Notably sans Hrant... "'I like to watch', he said."

        From: "author50401"
        > 18 micron = 0.0007086614 inch

        That's so embarassing. And to think that I have a minor
        in Math... A micron is 10^-6 *meters*, not centimeters. :-/

        This is great news. Dwiggins, Justin, and
        now that guy are all in the same ballpark.

        hhp