Keeping paper flat as it dries

  • jerome curchod
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2006
      I seem to remember that there was something on the subject in the links or files, but I can't
      find it. As un unfrequent printer, I'm trying to use the best technique to keep paper from
      bending a lot. Let it dry first and then flatten it or keep it pressed it while it's wet, which
      slows down the drying process...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2006
        Jerome

        Assuming you are printing damp. . .

        I've found that it is best to let the heap dry out before adding
        weight to it. I work through the pile while it is damp, on a scheduled
        basis, turning the stack (top to bottom) so dehydration keeps moving
        and does not pool. When dry, I put thick acetate sheets at top and
        bottom and keep rotating. Sometimes, I will add a small weight, I use
        3 pound lead pigs.

        If you add weight or pressure before it completely drys out you might
        get cockled or wrinkled sheets.