Mushy plates

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
      A fellow processor called me up earlier in the week and wondered if I
      had any information regarding mushy plates, a phenomenon he had
      recently encountered. These were Toyobo Printights at .060. The plate
      surface starts to get mushy after about 80 impressions or so. His
      clients are upset. He says he has not altered the process in any way.
      And the batch was purchased in November and he only started getting
      the problems recently. He changed his lamp rack, still persists.
      Storage seems not to be a factor? Bad batch?

      Anyone having similar problems?

      Gerald
    • Frank Cabral
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
        The only time I noticed this was when I failed to give the material the
        second four minute exposure once it was thoroughly dried.

        Frank