Re: Cleaning photopolymer plates

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2006
      Jon

      I think Varn's California Wash is a water-misible press wash (?). You
      would likely rather want a plate wash or type wash. Varn's R-7 Or
      Anchor's Aled are specifically formulated for cleaning printing
      surfaces such as photopolymer plates.

      > I was intereted if there were any alternatives to
      > California wash for cleaning off photopolymer plates.
      > Anyone have any suggestions
      > Thanks
      > Jon
    • Scott Rubel
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2006
        For me it's just like cleaning type. We use a worn out toothbrush and
        (once we used kerosene) water miscible wash. Seems to work fine. Just
        don't use water!

        On Jul 7, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Jonathan Palmer wrote:

        > I was intereted if there were any alternatives to
        > California wash for cleaning off photopolymer plates.
        > Anyone have any suggestions
        > Thanks
        > Jon
      • Blue Barnhouse
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 8, 2006
          I have heard of folks who use simple green as an alternative to
          solvents . I use California wash and I'm not recommending this
          personally, as I have no idea of the long term results-- but it
          doesn't hurt to experiment.

          Brandon Mise

          Blue Barnhouse
          428-B Haywood Rd.