Cleaning photopolymer plates

  • Jonathan Palmer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2006
      I was intereted if there were any alternatives to
      California wash for cleaning off photopolymer plates.
      Anyone have any suggestions
      Thanks
      Jon

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2006
        Jon

        I think Varn's California Wash is a water-misible press wash (?). You
        would likely rather want a plate wash or type wash. Varn's R-7 Or
        Anchor's Aled are specifically formulated for cleaning printing
        surfaces such as photopolymer plates.

        > I was intereted if there were any alternatives to
        > California wash for cleaning off photopolymer plates.
        > Anyone have any suggestions
        > Thanks
        > Jon
      • Scott Rubel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2006
          For me it's just like cleaning type. We use a worn out toothbrush and
          (once we used kerosene) water miscible wash. Seems to work fine. Just
          don't use water!

          On Jul 7, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Jonathan Palmer wrote:

          > I was intereted if there were any alternatives to
          > California wash for cleaning off photopolymer plates.
          > Anyone have any suggestions
          > Thanks
          > Jon
        • Blue Barnhouse
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8, 2006
            I have heard of folks who use simple green as an alternative to
            solvents . I use California wash and I'm not recommending this
            personally, as I have no idea of the long term results-- but it
            doesn't hurt to experiment.

            Brandon Mise

            Blue Barnhouse
            428-B Haywood Rd.