Hand papermaking

  • Michael Barnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2002
      Dear Folks,

      At 530 Shanghai Alley -- probably Vancouver's most picturesque address --
      there lives a hand papermaker named Reg Lissel. His phone number is
      604-687-0132. Reg has made his own beater and his own press of wood, which
      are among the books in his two-room apartment. I have ordered around 600
      sheets for an edition of short stories by Ambrose Bierce, and Rollin Milroy
      of Heavenly Monkey Press is ordering steadily from Reg.

      Lissel's sheets have consistency, which of course we letterpress printers
      demand.

      I pass his name along to the group because he could use more sales, and of
      course the Canadian dollar grovelling near the one American penny mark makes
      purchases in Canada a bargain for my Yankee brethren and sestern. His prices
      are good even without taking exchange into account.

      Cheers, Michael Barnes

      All the talk of laser engraving is interesting. I think I asked the question
      around 6 weeks ago. It seems to have needed time to gain momentum -- now it
      is a torrent !