Rollers

  • Katie Harper
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 3, 2002
      I need to find a source for good quality rollers. I have used Brown
      Regrinding. Any other recommendations? Does anyone have a phone number for
      Brown?

      Also, the last time I got rollers recovered there, Bruce Brown said that the
      material that makes up the rollers was almost impervious to just about all
      solvents. Is this true? Someone else told me not to use oil on them, which
      is scary, since I use baby oil as a first-step cleanup process. Any
      suggestions?

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Cincinnati, OH
    • Harold Kyle
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2002
        On 6/3/02 4:44 PM, "Katie Harper" <knharper@...> wrote:
        > I need to find a source for good quality rollers. I have used Brown
        > Regrinding. Any other recommendations? Does anyone have a phone number for
        > Brown?
        763-553-1461
        2075 East Center Circle, Plymouth, MN 55441

        > Also, the last time I got rollers recovered there, Bruce Brown said that the
        > material that makes up the rollers was almost impervious to just about all
        > solvents. Is this true?
        Brown's rollers are pvc-nitrile rubber, which is resistant to just about
        every solvent except "highly polar solvents such as acetone, and MEK, ozone,
        chlorinated hydrocarbons and nitro hydrocarbons." Baby oil, ie white mineral
        oil, is fine.

        Harold

        Boxcar Press
        640 Fellows Avenue ~ Syracuse, NY 13210