Re: envelope printing

  • Rodney Grantham
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 30, 2006
      We use 40 durometer photopolymer to print on paper bags and wooden
      tokens. It's nearly impossible to crush.

      When I went to printing school some 40 years ago, we were taught to
      stab the tympan to register the makeready. I thought I died and went
      to heaven when photopolymer came out.

      Rod Grantham
      www.granthams.com/Projects
    • Farida Bee
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 8, 2006
        Angelique,

        Last year I bought a Kutrimmer. Yes, it was a big investment, but for such an essential tool it was well worth it. I opted for the largest tabletop model because it’s big enough to cut down most parent sheets. I would have preferred a floor model but space wise, it wouldn’t have been a practical choice. A guillotine may come in handy in the future, but for now this model suits my needs.

        All the best,

        Farida Sunada
        Alhambra, California

        From: Angelique Felgentreff <angelique@...>

        I am finally getting my workspace ready for some printing at home and
        would like to get an appropriate paper cutter/trimmer (the days of
        uneven cuts with my fiskars rotary cutter are numbered). But I was
        hoping that several of you might have some recommendations for kind,
        size, etc. as it seems to be a big investment and I would like to try
        to make sure I'm getting something that will do me right for a while
        at least.