Re: need inkjet and laser printer and glue advice

  • Rodney Grantham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Mortenson"
      <kcmortenson@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > My printer is on its last legs. Does anyone have any suggestions
      for an
      > injet and color laser printer preferably one that can handle
      thicker (80lb)
      > paper?
      >
      > Also, are there any suggestions for what type of glue would be
      best for
      > covering rigid set up boxes with decorative paper? I would like
      to make
      > some custom packaging for my letterpress cards.
      >
      > I also posted this on the letpress list so please excuse any
      duplications!

      > Thank you so much.
      >
      > Karen Mortenson

      Hi Karen

      We have an HP 2600n that does a nice job on textured 80# cover. We
      call it our disposable color laser since it cost less than $300 new,
      with full cartridges at Sams Club. Replacement toner is $80 per
      color. Do the math.<g>

      My favorite adhesive in our print shop is ordinary padding compound.
      To avoid wrinkles, put the padding compound on the heavier board,
      not on the thinner paper. Do NOT thin with water, you WILL get
      wrinkles. Just brush it out to a thin coating.

      Good luck

      Rod Grantham