need inkjet and laser printer and glue advice

  • Karen Mortenson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hello all,

      My printer is on its last legs. Does anyone have any suggestions for an
      injet and color laser printer preferably one that can handle thicker (80lb)
      paper?

      Also, are there any suggestions for what type of glue would be best for
      covering rigid set up boxes with decorative paper? I would like to make
      some custom packaging for my letterpress cards.

      I also posted this on the letpress list so please excuse any duplications!

      Thank you so much.

      Karen Mortenson

    • Judith Behr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
        I like to use YES paste and spead/smooth it with a
        credit card. YES is low moisture and does not cause
        ripples.

        Judi

        --- Karen Mortenson <kcmortenson@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > My printer is on its last legs. Does anyone have
        > any suggestions for an
        > injet and color laser printer preferably one that
        > can handle thicker (80lb)
        > paper?
        >
        > Also, are there any suggestions for what type of
        > glue would be best for
        > covering rigid set up boxes with decorative paper?
        > I would like to make
        > some custom packaging for my letterpress cards.
        >
        > I also posted this on the letpress list so please
        > excuse any duplications!
        >
        > Thank you so much.
        >
        > Karen Mortenson

        > removed]

      • Rodney Grantham
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006
          --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Mortenson"
          <kcmortenson@...> wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > My printer is on its last legs. Does anyone have any suggestions
          for an
          > injet and color laser printer preferably one that can handle
          thicker (80lb)
          > paper?
          >
          > Also, are there any suggestions for what type of glue would be
          best for
          > covering rigid set up boxes with decorative paper? I would like
          to make
          > some custom packaging for my letterpress cards.
          >
          > I also posted this on the letpress list so please excuse any
          duplications!

          > Thank you so much.
          >
          > Karen Mortenson

          Hi Karen

          We have an HP 2600n that does a nice job on textured 80# cover. We
          call it our disposable color laser since it cost less than $300 new,
          with full cartridges at Sams Club. Replacement toner is $80 per
          color. Do the math.<g>

          My favorite adhesive in our print shop is ordinary padding compound.
          To avoid wrinkles, put the padding compound on the heavier board,
          not on the thinner paper. Do NOT thin with water, you WILL get
          wrinkles. Just brush it out to a thin coating.

          Good luck

          Rod Grantham