Re: Looking for Photopolymer Platemaker

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2006
      Kim

      I think I would look for a reconditioned platemaker from someone like
      A&V rather than buy a used platemaker. There is an awful lot that can
      go wrong with these machines and repairs are holy. I've an eleven year
      old A&V Orbital VIII (purchased new) and so far no significant
      problems but I do know the electrics are no longer standard or
      replaceable. Rewiring something like this is daunting. . . and I was
      (a long time ago) a card carrying member of the IBEW! So a bit of
      caution is advised.

      If you actually do not need one – in terms of economics, they will
      only pay off if you do an awful lot of in-house work and/or day-to-day
      provide plates for others – you are far better off buying your plates
      from a reputable plate processor.

      Gerald Lange
      http://BielerPress.blogspot.com