Decline of the Fine Press Book Market

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2006
      This is the title for an article written by member Michael Andrews
      that appeared in the recent issue of Parenthesis

      http://www.the-old-school.demon.co.uk/fpba/fpba.htm

      I hadn't seen it previously in the issue but found a reference in
      Peter Koch's Amphora interview on his founding of the CODEX Foundation.

      http://www.codexfoundation.org/

      I think the genesis of this may have been an earlier post of Michael's
      here so was wondering if there were any members who might have read
      the article and have any thoughts in this regard. Especially in terms
      of the forthcoming CODEX Foundation Symposium where a similar concept,
      the cooperative improvement of the market for fine press books, is one
      of its focuses.

      Gerald Lange
      http://BielerPress.blogspot.com
    • enkidu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2006
        Hi all,

        Looking on www.codexfoundation.org, the type used
        for this website is not capable to print the ligature
        fi in the same font as the rest of the text.

        if this website is to advocate fine books and fine
        printing, their webmaster might do a better job.

        There are a lot better computer fonts available for sure.

        best wishes

        John Cornelisse