Sharing our knowledge.

  • wa0dfw@copper.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
      Most of us on the list are quite willing to share our knowledge -
      even my limited knowledge acquired the hard way over time.

      But I refuse to try to read the posts by those individuals who cannot
      be bothered to use basic capitalization and punctuation. It's just
      too hard to wade through to deal with on my end.

      It's a matter of having consideration for other readers.

      That's just my opinion, but I doubt that I am alone in this regard.

      Mo
    • Lance Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
        Mo,

        I agree with you 100%. I don't see what is so difficult in using proper
        capitalization, punctuation and grammar in an email.... I even have my
        email program spell-checker set to check each outgoing message to catch
        those few typos I miss myself when writing.... Usually, I also skip those
        messages that do not use proper formatting...

        Also willing to share my 26 years of experience running a commercial
        letterpress shop in rural upstate New York.

        - Lance Williams
        Williams Stationery Co.
        Camden, New York
        APA #785

      • Austin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
          wa0dfw@... wrote:

          >But I refuse to try to read the posts by those individuals who cannot
          >be bothered to use basic capitalization and punctuation. It's just
          >too hard to wade through to deal with on my end.

          Totally agree. It is very inconsiderate of the intended reader when you
          refuse to follow the most basic of rules in keyboarding.

          A message so written is deleted without being read.

          --

          Austin Jones
          prints by AJ
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
            Mo,
            You never said a truer word. I gave up on reading some of the replies
            because the writer did not have the courtesy to use correct English and
            punctiation. A full stop and Capital letter was introduced for a reason.
            Legibility !!!!

            Mike, at the Cockleshell Press, Surrey, England.
            Letterpress Printer, - where lead is King