Platemaker for sale

  • bielerpr
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2002
      David Rose's The Great Letterpress Renaissance Sale

      http://www.fiveroses.org/catalog.pdf

      has a small photopolymer exposing unit for sale at $250.

      This is a discounted price (listed retail is $1,050) available to
      those who belong to some thirty letterpress-related groups.
      PPLetterpress is not one of them. I asked, he said no. Guess we are
      still the "bad boys" of letterpress. Always kind of favored that
      "exiled" status myself.

      But most of you will probably belong to one of those groups anyway.

      Call 203-464-1191 for more info or contact Juliana Ochs at
      julie@...

      Message 2 of 4 , May 24, 2002
        Katie Harper wrote:

        > Gerald: I saw this and wondered what the machine is like. Do you or anyone
        > else have any knowledge of it? No brand name is given. Also, if you read the
        > fine print, you'll see that one has to belong to at least FOUR of the groups
        > listed in order to get the discount!
        >
        > Katie Harper
        > Ars Brevis Press
        > Cincinnati, OH
        > 513-233-9588

        Hi Katie

        David has informed me the platemakers are ChinaFlexo brand. Never heard of
        them. But he also reports that they are already sold. There were four of them.
        But if for some reason the buyers don't follow through, he'll let me know, and
        I'll report it here.

        Gerald
      • Katie Harper
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2002
          Gerald: I saw this and wondered what the machine is like. Do you or anyone
          else have any knowledge of it? No brand name is given. Also, if you read the
          fine print, you'll see that one has to belong to at least FOUR of the groups
          listed in order to get the discount!

          Katie Harper
          Ars Brevis Press
          Cincinnati, OH
          513-233-9588

          > From: "bielerpr" <bieler@...>
          > Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 05:21:31 -0000
          > To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [PPLetterpress] Platemaker for sale
          >
          > David Rose's The Great Letterpress Renaissance Sale
          >
          > http://www.fiveroses.org/catalog.pdf
          >
          > has a small photopolymer exposing unit for sale at $250.
          >
          > This is a discounted price (listed retail is $1,050) available to
          > those who belong to some thirty letterpress-related groups.
          > PPLetterpress is not one of them. I asked, he said no. Guess we are
          > still the "bad boys" of letterpress. Always kind of favored that
          > "exiled" status myself.
          >
          > But most of you will probably belong to one of those groups anyway.
          >
          > Call 203-464-1191 for more info or contact Juliana Ochs at
          > julie@...
          >
          > Gerald
          >

          > To respond to this message or post a message to the membership:
          > PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > Encountering problems?
          > PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com

        • Mike Metz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29

            Anderson Vreeland Orbital VIII A-3 (11 ¾ x 16 ½)

            Recently used

            New timers on washout and exposure units

            Needs new kreen blanket (vacuum  pressure is 8lbs with current wrinkled kreen)

            Washout is setup for plastic backed plates

            Brush is old but still functional

            Single phase, 30 amp circuit

            Asking $1850 but will take offers.

            Can help arrange shipping.