Re: [PPLetterpress] Social Printing

  • John Risseeuw
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      On 4/18/06 1:50 AM, "Gerald Lange" <bieler@...> wrote:
      > A while back I created a folder titled Social Printing (letterpress)
      > in the Links section of the site.

      Hi Gerald,
      I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but take a look at my website,
      www.cabbageheadpress.com
      where you will find letterpress and relief prints about landmines and
      landmine victims plus other books and prints, some of which are socially or
      politically oriented.

      Best regards,
      John Risseeuw
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi John

        Wow, that's some very intriguing work. Thanks for informing us of it.
        You might want to add the link to the member's websites folder so we
        don't lose track of it.

        Actually the term "social printing" is not subject related but form
        related and has been bandied about as something more encompassing for
        the relatively recent studio letterpress phenomenon of invitation,
        card, stationery, poster printing. Far better a term than the not so
        kind "boutique letterpress," but not all that useful since it isn't
        commonplace. But, I know where this is going to go so enough said.

        Carry on

        Gerald