Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Roller Material - what you want IMO

  • wa0dfw@copper.net
    Message 1 of 10 , May 10, 2006
      Ohio Roller - there's a name from the past. I thought they were long
      gone as well. I hope I'm wrong.

      mo

      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2006
        Ohio Roller is part of the Diamond operation, and I don't know if this plant
        is still operating.

        Fritz

        Ohio Roller - there's a name from the past. I thought they were long
        gone as well. I hope I'm wrong.

        mo

        >If these are truly composition rollers, Diamond has them done in
        >another <BR>
        >plant in Cleveland--Ohio Roller--I think,  and they are the only
        >other <BR>
        >people I'm aware of who have made real composition other than Tarheel
        >in the <BR>
        >recent past.<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Fritz<BR>
        ><BR>
        >----- Original Message ----- <BR>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Marnie Powers-Torrey
        Message 3 of 10 , May 11, 2006
          VERY informative, thanks Fritz. I'm keeping this one for future
          reference. So if you are sent cores, you have them recovered in Buna-N
          but you also have some vandercook rollers in stock?

          And while we are on the subject of rollers, a friend of mine is looking
          for a roller carriage for his Vandercook IV (oscillating roller and two
          rider rollers). Does anyone have any ideas about the whereabouts of an
          available part? He contacted Fritz quite awhile ago, and at that time NA
          Graphics did not have any leads...

          Thanks to all!

          Marnie

          Message 4 of 10 , May 11, 2006
            Buna-N is the choice for Vandercook rollers, and does exceptionally well for
            other presses as well, if the correct durometer material is used. We have
            some rollers for Vandercooks in stock, but the stock has been turning over
            rapidly for the past 6 months, and from day to day, I can't predict what's
            going to be here.

            To recreate something like the inking set up for the Vandercooks can be
            done, but the cost is very high. I'm looking into doing that now for a 219
            Old Style, and we have to fabricate a new assembly for a Universal I, but
            this kind of work hits $1000 easily. We have the blueprints, so that's not a
            problem.

            fritz