Re:Rollers for Vandercooks

  • George Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2006
      If I had a Vandercook press, which I don't and they have gotten far too
      expensive for my modest hobby shop, (In the past I did own an SP-20 when I
      was involved commercially) I would contact NA Graphics for any roller needs.
      Here's why: they own what is left of the Vandercook company, maintain the
      old records, and stock many replacement parts, including custom made ones
      where the company's original stock has been depleted. All of this costs
      money and to save a few bucks by going directly to a roller manufacturer is.
      in the old time term, biting off your nose to spite your face. Support those
      that support your press!!!
      gac

    • v918man
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2006
        I agree with Mr Chapman. Go to the source. Who knows more about Vandercooks and all
        things letterpress than NA's Fritz Klinke?! What he knows he readily shares on this list, on
        letpress, in private emails, and by telephone. More than a businessman, he's an exemplar
        of our community. And many of us are all better printers for it.
        ---Paul Moxon