Re: [PPLetterpress] color edging

  • heidrun mumper-drumm
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2006
      Glenn:

      I've done this for business cards [duplex weight: 110-120#], as follows:

      -stack about 25 printed cards and put additional cardstock top and bottom of stack [about 3 extra top and bottom],
      -cut 2 pieces of wood [plywood thickness] somewhat smaller than the card size and place on top and bottom of stack,
      -clamp with 2 plastic clamps [from the hardware store],
      -using acrylic paint, not too wet, paint the edges with a foam brush,
      -let dry

      When the stack is dry, fan the stack a bit to separate the cards...the acrylic paint tends to want to glue them together. You'll 'lose' a few at the top and bottom, but that's what the extra card stock is for.

      It takes a little while to get the hang of this. It's very labor intensive, but not too bad if you're doing a small run of business cards [250-500].

      Otherwise, go with the pros.

      Heidrun