Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: clean your bulbs!

  • Blue Barnhouse
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2006
      You were quite perceptive on the dusty bulb issues. We disconnected
      our exhaust when we switched the platemaker to a fresh water system..
      lack of exhaust lead to dusty bulbs, botched plates, etc. The
      exhaust was disconnected because we had no where to vent it and the
      fresh water does not have fumes.... and we kind of like the quiet.

      Brandon

      Blue Barnhouse
      428-B Haywood Rd.
      Asheville, NC 28806
      828.225.3991

      info@...
      www.bluebarnhouse.org

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        Brandon

        I don't know about the exhaust requirements of a machine originally set
        up for chemical based processing but the A&V Orbitals do have exposure
        fans. The fans themselves do get quite dusty and need to be blown out on
        occasion but their purpose is not to vent fumes but rather heat (they
        also obviously pull dust out of the exposure unit). The ballasts will
        start degenerating if the temperature in their environment is not
        controlled. I've got 14 of them in my unit and at $34 a pop for
        replacement I think I will keep those fans connected!!!

        Gerald