typography/letterpress conferences

  • otislabpress2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2006
      I enjoyed attending the Sota TypeCon conference in San Francisco two years ago. It was a
      great opportunity to meet talented typographer/designers and connect with digital
      letterpress people as well. Is anyone planning to attend the next one in August in Boston?

      I would like to inquire about favorite digital typefaces that have been modified successfully
      for letterpress. I highly recommend Gerald's book, PRINTING DIGITAL TYPE on the hand-
      operated flatbed cylinder press.

      The Otis Lab Press put out a nice postcard for our artists' book exhibition last May for the
      Arlis Bookarts Conference, so from that experience I know that modification is a must.
      Would like to hear from others some successful font translations for letterpress.

      We should have pictures of that exhibition up soon on our web page.
      www.otis.edu/labpress

      Linda

      Linda Dare
      Otis Laboratory Press