Epson Printer PP Plates

  • typetom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2002
      Hi Marnie,
      I'd love to hear further details about the Epson inkjet and the settings used
      and the results obtained. I have an Epson Color Stylus 850, but could not
      find settings that would produce an opaque enough black for transparencies to
      be used with UV exposure of photopolymer plates. I think, perhaps, Epson
      later came out with another inkjet printer that allows further settings??
      Which printer are you using? What settings beside the 1440 dpi you mentioned
      already? (I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "she pumps things up
      a bit in curves..."). Do you feel the specific Epson transpanency film is
      crucial for this as well?

      My present procedure is to email files to a local service bureau to get negs
      made. Cost is $12.75 for 8.5x11 page neg. I'd love to be able to do this on
      the inkjet. Thanks for any further info!
      Tom

      Tom Parson
      Now It's Up To You Publications
      157 S. Logan, Denver CO 80209