Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Dampening and drying paper

  • Katie Harper
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 19, 2002
      OK, Harold

      After that tease about Napoleon, now you must tell _how_those invitations
      were printed...Surely there could be nothing worse than that he had it done
      at Kinkos!

      Katie Harper
      Ars Brevis Press
      Cincinnati, OH
      513-233-9588

      From: Harold Kyle <harold@...>
      Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:37:36 -0400
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Dampening and drying paper

      On 4/18/02 5:36 PM, "Charles Jones" <cjones@...> wrote:
      > It is an Italian paper now owned by Fabriano. Magnani also has a beautiful
      > Biblios book paper.

      The state-owned Fabriano sold off Magnani to a group of private investors in
      the last year or two. Magnani also makes sheets of handmade papers.
      http://www.cartieremagnani.it
      Brides and grooms like Pescia, I've found. Sometimes I fuel the fire by
      mentioning Napolean Bonaparte printed his wedding announcements on Magnani
      paper. Of course I don't mention _how_ they were printed.
      I've don't see Biblios in my swatches. Could you be refering to the Biblio
      made by Hahnemulhle?

      Harold

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
      Boxcar Press
      640 Fellows Avenue ~ Syracuse, NY 13210
      www.boxcarpress.com
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      To respond to this message or post a message to the membership:
      PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com

      Encountering problems?
      PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Charles Jones
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 19, 2002
        >I've don't see Biblios in my swatches. Could you be refering to the Biblio
        >made by Hahnemulhle?

        No, it is fairly new and carried by Savoir-Faire. It has less texture and
        is a fairer color (less orangy) than Hahnemulhle's. It is more like Arches
        text wove.
        Charlie

        Charles D. Jones
        LaNana Creek Press