Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Dampening and drying paper

  • Harold Kyle
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 19, 2002
      On 4/18/02 5:36 PM, "Charles Jones" <cjones@...> wrote:
      > It is an Italian paper now owned by Fabriano. Magnani also has a beautiful
      > Biblios book paper.

      The state-owned Fabriano sold off Magnani to a group of private investors in
      the last year or two. Magnani also makes sheets of handmade papers.
      http://www.cartieremagnani.it
      Brides and grooms like Pescia, I've found. Sometimes I fuel the fire by
      mentioning Napolean Bonaparte printed his wedding announcements on Magnani
      paper. Of course I don't mention _how_ they were printed.
      I've don't see Biblios in my swatches. Could you be refering to the Biblio
      made by Hahnemulhle?

      Harold

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
      Boxcar Press
      640 Fellows Avenue ~ Syracuse, NY 13210
      www.boxcarpress.com
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    • Katie Harper
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 19, 2002
        OK, Harold

        After that tease about Napoleon, now you must tell _how_those invitations
        were printed...Surely there could be nothing worse than that he had it done
        at Kinkos!

        Katie Harper
        Ars Brevis Press
        Cincinnati, OH
        513-233-9588

        From: Harold Kyle <harold@...>
        Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:37:36 -0400
        To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Dampening and drying paper

        On 4/18/02 5:36 PM, "Charles Jones" <cjones@...> wrote:
        > It is an Italian paper now owned by Fabriano. Magnani also has a beautiful
        > Biblios book paper.

        The state-owned Fabriano sold off Magnani to a group of private investors in
        the last year or two. Magnani also makes sheets of handmade papers.
        http://www.cartieremagnani.it
        Brides and grooms like Pescia, I've found. Sometimes I fuel the fire by
        mentioning Napolean Bonaparte printed his wedding announcements on Magnani
        paper. Of course I don't mention _how_ they were printed.
        I've don't see Biblios in my swatches. Could you be refering to the Biblio
        made by Hahnemulhle?

        Harold

        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
        Boxcar Press
        640 Fellows Avenue ~ Syracuse, NY 13210
        www.boxcarpress.com
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        To respond to this message or post a message to the membership:
        PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com

        Encountering problems?
        PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Charles Jones
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 19, 2002
          >I've don't see Biblios in my swatches. Could you be refering to the Biblio
          >made by Hahnemulhle?

          No, it is fairly new and carried by Savoir-Faire. It has less texture and
          is a fairer color (less orangy) than Hahnemulhle's. It is more like Arches
          text wove.
          Charlie

          Charles D. Jones
          LaNana Creek Press